[Lazarus] Vector graphics

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Tue Apr 10 10:54:34 CEST 2012

On 06-04-12 15:11, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Koenraad Lelong
> <lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be>  wrote:
>> So I would need some drawing routines, eventually with filled surfaces i.e.
>> filled circles, rectangles but also rectangles with rounded corners, etc.
>> What could I use ? I tried compiling fpvectorial on lazarus 0.9.30.4, but it
>> needs fcl version 1.01. I think that's from a newer version of fpc than
>> 2.6.0 I'm using.
>
> I think it should work fine in Lazarus 0.9.30, just edit the
> dependency. fpvectorial is mostly independent from Lazarus, only the
> 2D drawing output uses the LCL.
>
> fpvectorial does not depend on having a new FPC. I recommend using the
> latest svn of fpvectorial which is in the lazarus trunk.
>
> Of course I highly recommend using fpvectorial for you task, I can
> offer you tips as to how to add support for the file format you are
> working with, and as a bonus you get support for all formats already
> supported by fpvectorial.
>
> If you have trouble setting up the necessary things you could try a
> snapshot of Lazarus trunk.

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for your response.
Just to report my experience :

I downloaded the package via svn.
First I modified the fcl-version needed. Then I had to remove a unit
(rawvectorialreadwrite.pas) from the package before I could compile it.
I don't remember the error but it was on the line containing
lRawImage.Description.Init_BPP24_R8G8B8_BIO_TTB(RAW_IMAGE_WIDTH,
RAW_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

Then, unfortunately, none of the examples seem to work. Only two I could
compile : fpcorelexplorer, but when I run it, it gives a "list index out
of bounds" error after selecting a coreldraw 9 file. Then it gives
correctly the version of the coreldraw used, but no size. I don't know
what it's supposed to do more.
fpvectorialconverter gives an "unsupported vector graphics format" error
when I select a pdf and click to visualise it.

fpv3dviewer gives "identifier not found" on RequireDerivedFromResource.
fpvmodifytest and fpvwritetest give errors on a bunch of "WSRegister..."
statements.

That's all with the latest release version of lazarus/fpc, on Windows 7.
I'll have to see if I can get a working lazarus from svn.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.