[Lazarus] disable package checking

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 11 10:48:00 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:47:54 +0200
Benito van der Zander <benito at benibela.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> whenever I compile a project, it first compiles/checks the dependencies:
>
> "Compiling package FCL 1.0.1" completed
> "Compiling package LazUtils 1.0" completed
> "Compiling package LCLBase 1.0.1" completed
> "Compiling package LCL 1.0.1" completed

It should not compile everytime. It should only check and see that
everything is up to date.
What Lazarus version do you use?
With current trunk you can see the reason in View / IDE internals / What
needs building. With former versions you must look at the stdout, as
you have already done. What reason is given for the recompile?

> Can you disable it somehow?
> It takes forever (2s) and it is almost certain that the lcl doesn't
> change every minute.
> (It also prints "TPkgManager.CheckCompileNeedDueToDependencies  State
> file of LCL 1.0.1 is newer than state file of Project:" to the console,
> and after i deleted the .compiled file it prints
> "TProject.DoLoadStateFile Statefile not found: ....compiled,
> TMainIDE.CheckIfPackageNeedsCompilation  No state file for Project"
> shouldn't it recreate the file? even if the project compilation fails
> due to errors)

Yes.
I changed it to now save the state file before compiling too to
avoid building clean (-B) every time.
This has no effect on compiling packages.

Mattias