[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:32:17 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Jürgen Hestermann
<juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> But if you use a function from a (Free Pascal or Lazarus) library it is not
> clear which kind of encoding this function expects. As I already mentioned,
> for example CopyFile (from LCL) and FindFirst (from SysUtils) have no hint
> in their documentation on what encoding is expected. I know, somewhere it
> says that library x has enconding y but why wasn't this information written
> to the documentation for the indiviudal functions?

It would be a huge duplication of documentation to write in every
single Lazarus function that uses string that it expects UTF-8.

It would be like writing in every function that string means
longstring (aka ansistring), that the routine is not using a
shortstring ... well, this is obvious.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho