[Lazarus] TProcess, UTF8, Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 18:39:25 CEST 2012

Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
 >>  > Have you ever opened the FPDoc Editor window?
 >> No. Just tried it. Seems to be yet another tool do some kind of
documentation. Can I use it to change the documenation of FindFirst and
CopyFile? If yes, how? I cannot type anything into the two lines
"Short:" and "Link:".
 > You may have to press "Create help item" first, when the title bar
shows "<NONE>".

I found out now that I have to first put the cursor on the identifier to
document ;-)

When I do this for CopyFile I get:

------------
No valid FPDOC path
The unit D:\Programme\lazarus\fpc\2.6.1\source\rtl\win32\windows.pp is
part of the FPC souces, but the corresponding fpdoc xml file was not found.
Either you have not yet added the fpcdocs directory to the search path
or the unit is not yet documented. The fpdoc files for the FPC sources
can be downloaded from: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk
------------

When I go to "http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk" it is empty.

BTW: It's a shame that I had to type all the above text from the message
window again because I could not copy/paste it. My own programs use
"MessageBox" for such messges and the result *can* be copied with
Ctrl+C. Why not from the IDE messages?

 >>  > In the trunk version the available documentation also is
displayed in a hint window, when moving the mouse over source code.
 >> Just tried this too and that's cool! If it works reliable it is
definitely a nice thing. Though it does not redeem the missing documenation.
 > Every tool only can show existing facts, like previously entered
descriptions ;-)

Exactly. Therefore I was confused to see this as an answer for the topic
of missing documentation :-)