[Lazarus] Development of other revision control

Dawson abu_joseph at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 05:21:40 CEST 2012

On 15/04/12 Graeme wrote:
> IntelliJ IDEA does this without any problems if you are using a Git
> repository. I haven't tried IntelliJ IDEA with SubVersion or Mercurial
> though. Like I mentioned before, take a look at IntelliJ IDEA and
> Eclipse IDE's. They have been around for ages and have pretty good SCM
> integration support. I am sure you can learn a lot from then and get
> get a good idea of a working SCM API for a IDE like Lazarus.

Ok, that is my next stop. I'll play with both of those. It doesn't
matter much to me whether it is GIT, or SVN, or Mercurial, although if
there are commendable gui implementations of these of course I am
interested to look. I am aware that they are differing approaches to
SCM, but at this point (is it my ignorance perhaps?) I think that there
should be a fair degree of overlap in the functionality of the systems
and the gui would just build appropriate command lines for whichever
system the user is working with. Thanks for the heads up on IntelliJ,
and Eclipse. I haven't used Eclipse for ages, but I think I'll go grab a
copy and play. I don't recall ever using IntelliJ I think there is a
community edition, so I can give that a go also.

Thanks again Graeme,

Dawson (aka abudeveloper)