[Lazarus] TImage - Getting image properties in 'canvas space'

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Tue Apr 17 16:26:20 CEST 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:26:13 +0200
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I personally don't consider them strange, but that might be, because I
> implemented them in FPC ^^
Considering that they were a hackish workaround to marry Delphis VCL and .NET and Delphi users were warned not to use them because they should not be used outside the VCL now seeing them in FPC is strange.

> Their main purpose should be considered to add functionality to
> classes/records without inheriting from them (which might not always be
> possible, because records can not inherit or you have e.g. the class
> hierarchy of the LCL which you can't trivially change).
That's the information I gathered from reading different articles about them but there were also problems mentioned because class helpers can hide each other (only one may be active).
So I'd rather not use them in code which is meant for other people to use as they may cause problems by just adding a unit (2 helpers for the same type in 2 different units).
Correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
For the task at hand they work, nonetheless they feel quite hackish to me.

R.