[Lazarus] Error while compiling resources

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:21:53 CEST 2012

On 17/04/12 12:29, Dave Coventry wrote:
> Hi Mattias,
>
> Sorry, I was a bit rude (late) last night.
>
> Thanks for the help. ;)
>
> I have fpcres.exe installed in
>
> C:\lazarus\fpc\2.6.0\bin\i386-win32
>
> I have appended this onto my Path through My
> Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables->System
> variables->Path
> %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\lazarus\fpc\2.6.0\bin\i386-win32
>
> I'm still getting "Radmin.lpr(19,1) Error: Error while compiling resources"
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dave
>

> On 16 April 2012 22:30, Dave Coventry<dgcoventry at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2012/4/16 Mattias Gaertner<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
>>> Any $R directive requires the resource compiler fpcres.
>> fpcres?
>>
>> I don't know, I just installed from the exe I downloaded.
>>
>> I have removed the $R directive and now it just fails without any error message.
Did you check the project source (Radmin.lpr) for the $R directive
(click Project/View project source)? Usually, the culprit is something
like: {$IFDEF WINDOWS}{$R foobar.rc}{$ENDIF}

You can also check hidden messages by right clicking the messages window
and selecting 'copy all shown and hidden messages to clipboard'

Stephano