[Lazarus] Non-lcl-designer design question

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 18 14:16:34 CEST 2012

Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> hat am 18. April 2012 um 13:45 geschrieben:

> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with a non-lcl-designer to design xib forms. This
> works quite nice, but there are a lot of issues.
>
> Basic problem is that the 'objects' which are placed on the designer are
> not TComponent descendants. In fact they aren't even classes but
> objcclasses.
>
> To circumvent this problem I created a unit with TComponent descendants
> with the same name as the objcclasses I really want to use. I thought
> that the Lazarus designer uses the classes which are compiled into the
> IDE. But this is not everywhere the case. Sometimes the codetools are
> used. They look up the unit sources and then see completely different
> classes then the 'fake' TComponent descendants that I used.
>
> I can create a form, edit it, save it, compile it. But when I close it
> and re-open it again the 'normal' TForm designer is used.
>
> Does anyone see another approach? How could I handle this?

Sounds similar to KOL.

The designer needs components and that can not be changed easily. Many places
only require TPersistent but that does not help with objcclasses. Your approach
of creating fake TComponents is probably the easiest way.

I will create a test example so we can check what is possible and what is
needed.

Mattias