[Lazarus] Bug 15390 and Showmodal

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Apr 18 20:17:32 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 18 of April 2012 16:39:59 Martin wrote:
> On 18/04/2012 15:27, zeljko wrote:
> > > In LCL there is
> > >
> > > Screen.DisableForms()
> >
> > +1 , that's why I implemented hiding of modal form as it is - it
> > simply works on all platforms, and Delphi behaviour looks pretty
> > unlogical to me (but even that can work - see my today patches
> > attached at issue).
>
> Well IMHO the problem is not to find a way to change it (though that
> might be on some platforms...)
>
> The problem is:
>   There may be LCL apps out there relying on the current behaviour of
> Hide()

Are you sure ? Current behaviour is implemented in 35525,35533 (trunk only) ,
I'm not sure that it's merged into 0.9.30.4.
1st bug was that Hide() was totally wrong for modal form, and 2nd problem
inside that bug was that modal form released it's handle after leaving modal
loop.

> That raises the question: Is this issue important enough to risk
> breaking them.
>
> If this was 100% clearly a bug. Or 100% clearly a break of compatibility
> to documented Delphi features, then maybe
>
> But this is not a bug.
> And Delphi docs, IMHO are not making a 100% clear statement about this.

As I said (my opinion): if Delphi behaviour is to leave app stucked into modal
loop when form is hidden - it's wrong. Current implementation is fine and
works fine on all platforms I can test.

zeljko