[Lazarus] Bug 15390 and Showmodal

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:02:51 CEST 2012

On 18/04/12 21:26, zeljko wrote:

> Maybe I will implement it to be delphi compat but first must test it
> on all platforms. Also I would like to have property inside
> TCustomForm which can
>
> change behaviour of ShowModal() when Hide() is called.
>
> 1.I like current implementation because you can have "alive" form to
> show again and again.

Isn't that the Delphi behaviour as well? If you close a modal form by
setting its ModalResult or calling its close method, I guess you can
reuse it with ShowModal again provided you do not explicitly destroy it.

> 2.Delphi implementation just hides form but stays in modal loop, and
> other forms are accessible - I don't like this solution but I respect
> other ppl needs.

If what I said above is correct, then you can use close instead of hide
to get the functionality you need. There would be no need for any
additional property.

> So what property name could be goodfor such behaviour ?
>
> HideModalBehaviour = hmbLazarus (default), hmbDelphi( Delphi
> compatibile) ?

The default you chose matches well your desire to fight for (your)
current compatibility ;)

Stephano