[Lazarus] Non-lcl-designer design question

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:34:21 CEST 2012

On 19.04.2012 18:14, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 17:59 +0200, Sven Barth wrote:

>>> Yep, git's not that useful if you want to submit patches on windows to
>>> Lazarus/FPC svn... perhaps bazaar solved that problem...
>>>
>>> Thanks for brightening up my day and bringing up git. Perhaps somebody
>>> can start another unicode thread or a documentation dicussion to really
>>> heat up things around here...
>>
>> The Git discussions don't usually get as heated up as unicode or
>> documentation discussions ^^
>
> You think?

Yes, I do. At least I haven't seen such big ones about Git vs. SVN on
the lists as I've seen for the other two topics.

> Maybe that's because the people that normally join the git discussion
> have grown older and know that they better could not react anymore. ;)
>
> Maybe you should have a look in the archive for some other
> git-discussions. (Or better not, and just continue what you were doing
> before this distraction. For example: have a look at the nonlcldesigner
> for iOS)

While I'm very interested in the non-LCL-designer (though I haven't used
it yet, because of missing time), I don't think that I'll be able to
help you with iOS/Objective-C related topics:
1. I don't have a Mac and thus I'll have big problems (cross-)compiling code
2. I'm not that much interested in iOS-development

Nevertheless I'll follow your experience with the non-LCL-designer
closely, as others (like me) might/will benefit from your findings in
the future.

Regards,
Sven