[Lazarus] TImage - Getting image properties in 'canvas space'

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 20:58:33 CEST 2012

Reimar Grabowski schrieb:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:08:23 +0200 Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> The VCL and LCL contains many classes with a too restrictive design
>> :-(
> First I don't care if the VCL is too restrictive or what Delphi in
> general does. This is not a Delphi list. Second if you think that
> some LCL classes are too restrictive you can always change them (as
> you have the source) and provide a patch. If your argument is
> reasonable the Lazarus developers will surely apply your patch.

When I wanted to implement an alternative DragManager, I found this
almost impossible outside of the Controls unit, due to very many
references to protected members of TControl and TWinControl. Do you
honestly believe that all these members will ever be made public, only
for the sake of another DragManager implementation?

Hint: look at the many patches I already supplied, and how many of them
have been accepted :-(

DoDi