[Lazarus] TBitBtn with Kid=bkClose and ModalResult

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 22:59:36 CEST 2012

On 4/21/12, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> I'd suggest that an explicitly set ModalResult should be checked, before
> actions are invoked that are incompatible with modal forms. But Delphi
> also checks Kind *before* ModalResult, so this is a compatibility issue.

If you have a recent Delphi version can you test what the ModalResult
is when you close a Modal form by clicking on a TBitButton with Kind =
bkClose and Modalresult = mrClose (just put a TBitBtn on this form and
in OI set Kind = bkClose) ?

(My Delphi (3) does have bkClose as a valid choice for TBitBtnKind,
but it does not have mrClose as a valid choice for TModalResult, so it
obviously will not return mrClose.)

Bart