[Lazarus] How do I debug wince LCL?

Paul van Helden paul at planetgis.co.za
Thu Apr 26 16:30:03 CEST 2012

Thanks Martin & Felipe,

C:\ in the search path solved my LCL problem.

I'm now running into memory trouble and hitting the 32MB process memory
limit. Without debug info my .exe is 5MB but it is 25MB with debug info and
it seems it is using up the same amounts of process memory. My app works
without debug info but crashes when I'm debugging due to the low memory
condition. (B.t.w. there is no out-of-memory exception, the allocation
routines silently returns nil... is this something that can be fixed in
FPC?)

I tried with external debug info file but gdb goes crazy. (Stops at
breakpoints but complete wrong ones). Also tried copying the .dbg file onto
the wince device but it doesn't make a difference. Can wince be debugged
with an external symbols file?

Finally, how can I tell Lazarus to tell gdb to copy the compiled exe
somewhere other than \gdb on the device?

Thanks a lot for your help so far,

Paul.