[Lazarus] RE : TSQLQuery limited to 255 characters in Unicode

Hugues Moisy hugues.moisy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:56:52 CEST 2012

Thanks Ludo for your answer,

You were right, it was a problem of field definition. changing to
varchar(1000) it worked fine ! Thank you.

But I thikn there is an inconsistency in the driver, because in the
update, the whole string is inserted, and in the select stmt only 255
chars are returned.

Hugues

Le Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:29:48 +0530, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> a
écrit:

>> BUT when I try to get the values, also with a SQLQuery, if
>> the value is
>> not unicode (ascii characters) I can get more than 255 chars,
>> but if it's
>> unicode (tibetan) the returned value is always cut to 255 characters.
>>

> How is the field defined?
> Using fpc 2.7.1 storing 1000 unicode characters in a nvarchar(1000) is no
> problem. I tested with Chinese characters. If you are using an older fpc
> (<
> 2.6.0) you might better upgrade the compiler.
>
> Ludo
>

> --

Utilisant le logiciel de courrier révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/