[Lazarus] Inconsistent results from MessageDlg()

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:25:25 CEST 2012

On 4/29/12, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:

> hm...just fixed qt part for EscapeButton,

Sorry, I am unable to test all widgetsets.

> but when testing QuestionDlg()
> seem
> that Cancel = True maps one button as cancel result (Escape or [x]) under
> gtk2
> and qt eg. QuestionDlg('Confirm','Please confirm me',
> [mrYes,'Yes',mrAbort,'Abort'],0) returns mrAbort when escape key or [x] is
> clicked.

I didn't look into QuestionDlg.

(I never used that)

> If we are following behaviour of MessageDlg, QuestionDlg should return
> mrCancel in any case when Escape key is pressed or [x] is clicked.
> Anyone can test what QuestionDlg() is doint under Delphi XE ?

With [mrYes,'Yes',mrAbort,'Abort'] it should not respond to Escape if
it is our own built form (like MessageDlg does now), it should return
mrCancel on [X]-bordericon.

Do we have specific (native) widgetset implementations for
QuestionDlg, or is it a LCL built form?

Bart