[Lazarus] Strip debug info

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 29 17:54:27 CEST 2012

Martin schrieb:
 >>> Is there any reason why the -Xg flag is not on at default? What's
the disadvantage of using this flag? The reason I say is because there
is a "massive" reduction in .exe size?

 >> Yes, that's what I wondered about too.
 >
 > Also, I guess it is more error prone. Compile with external debug,
then make changes,
 > recompile but with release settings. Then you have an outdated debug
info file, and
 > if you happen to run that in the debugger, you get a lot of strange
things....

Realy? If you compile without (external) debug info can you still run
the debugger from the IDE?
If yes, this has to be disabled of course.
If not, then there is no danger that an outdated debug info file can be
used.