[Lazarus] lhelp compilation doesn't seem to pick up primary config path

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:26:04 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I mentioned this earlier, but on testing just now it happened again.

Also, Graeme's recent message on lhelp compilation failing with a
different primary config path triggered me.

With current fpcup, a bare metal install does not seem to compile lhelp,
but does compile useride. So far, so good.

Pressing F1 will induce lhelp compilation which fails on my test
environment because the default lazarus primary config path is used. See
messages below.
Note: my primary config path in this case should be:
c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\application
data\lazarusdevsettings

On my clean test Win2K, this was not available. On machines with
existing laz installs, this problem may be masked.

This is, of course, possibly a problem with fpcup, but perhaps it is
true that e.g. chmhelppkg doesn't pick up and pass on the
--primary-config path when compiling lhelp.

Just throwing it out there in case people see related symptoms; I'll
have limited email avilability next week so I'll look into it afterwards.

Thanks,
Reinier

- Building lhelp -
primary config path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Application Data\lazarus
Error: invalid Lazarus directory "": directory lcl not found
Failed building D:\development\lazarus\components\chmhelp\lhelp\lhelp.lpi