[Lazarus] New cross platform library and test application

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:59:43 CEST 2012

Hey guys, I've  been getting back into using FPC+Lazarus again (along with
Android development). In that endeavor I've started a simple/clean/unit
tested open source library to solve a few common tasks in a cross platform
manner. If anyone feels like it, you can get the library sources code,
along with an example application, here:

Git hub location of the library Codebot.Cross:
https://github.com/sysrpl/Codebot.Cross

Blog entry with entry with example application:
http://www.codebot.org/articles/?doc=9585

About Codebot.Cross ...

* Codebot.Cross is a simple open source cross platform library for
FPC+Lazarus which include the following functionality:

* Simple cross platform network sockets with embedded ssl and cryptography
(SHA, SHA2, SHA-256, HMAC) support. TUrl record with two way conversions
between strings and urls.

* High performance string manipulation utilities. Base64 and Hex encoding
decoding.

* XML interfaced based API allows you to work with XML without needing to
manage node lifetime. Simplified xpath. Simplified form/setting persistence
with an IFiler interface. Backed by libxml2 on Linux and MS XML parser on
Windows.

* Controls and classes with alpha channel image support (TAlphaBitmap,
TAlphaImage, TAlphaSpeedButton). Currently backed by BGRAbitmappack.

* Form layout component which allows you to resize and relocation controls
per platform and recall different layouts at design time and run time.

I'll probably be added a bit to the library over time and welcome your
feedback.

Some of the things on the horizon are an indeterminate indicator with text
support for the status area. A graphic banner with buttons component
(example here http://imagebot.org/snapshops/snapshop-opus-organize.jpg). A
simplified canvas repalcement with Alpha channel an AA drawing support
(probably backed by GDI+/Cairo).