[Lazarus] TSQLDBLibraryLoader committed for SQLDB

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 21 22:10:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

After recent discussions about which library to load when loading DB client
libraries, I changed the default names for Firebird, MySQL, Postgres.

araminta: >./loadlibdemo list
Available connection types:
Firebird, Default library name: libfbclient.so.2.5
MySQL 4.0, Default library name: libmysqlclient.so.12
MySQL 4.1, Default library name: libmysqlclient.so.14
MySQL 5.0, Default library name: libmysqlclient.so.15
MySQL 5.1, Default library name: libmysqlclient.so.16
MySQL 5.5, Default library name: libmysqlclient.so.18
PostGreSQL, Default library name: libpq.so.5

I also committed a component that allows you to select the library to load
in the IDE. There is a small test program in fcl-db/examples that shows how
to use the component.

(In the IDE: drop, set connector type from picklist, maybe change library name, set to enabled).

The above listing is the output of the test program.

The component is registered now in the SQLDb package.

Note that the use of the component is optional. It's only needed if you want
to change the library name to something else as the default.

Michael.