[Lazarus] Components dcu?

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:23:47 CEST 2012

Hi guys

I remember reading a long time ago that Lazarus has to be rebuilt whenever
a new component is added. I know that this is not necessary in Delphi. Can
someone explain why? Or refer me to the right documentation (or code). Is
this a FPC problem or Lazarus specific? What I really want to know is how
much work is it going to be to get Lazarus to install new components
without recompiling? If it is possible, I would like to help getting this
to work in Lazarus. What magic is Delphi using? I assume that somehow
Delphi dynamically link the .dcu object files?

Are there any open source IDE' s that can add new components without
needing a rebuilt?

Thanks
Chavoux