[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 12:39:12 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> <snip>
>> Minimum requirements:
>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> Mmm, Win98.... interesting.
> And no Win XP ;)
>
> (And, just for interest, if win98 is supported, why isn't NT4 supported?
> I know they're different code bases but are the NT4<>Win2K differences
> bigger than Win98<>Win2K?)

There's a few API entry points added to W2K (which I think are also in
'98) that tend to give problems in earlier OSes. We've got a few app
servers running NT4 and I believe that somebody in this ML has it on
rack-mounted "industrial" computers, but I sympathise with the
developers in saying that there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Working from memory, there's an API in XP to set DLL path that isn't in
W2K. This can cause installers problems, it's fairly common to have
programs which are supposed to run on W2K or even NT but are packaged
using an installer that requires XP.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk