[Lazarus] Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:46:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 3 August 2012 10:08, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lol, you owe me a new keyboard.  No updates for 6 years from MS, no
> journalling filesystem (no ntfs).  Stop talking out of your backside.

And how often did "updates" break an existing system. I have
experienced this plenty of times! Hence, if my system works, I don't
bother with updates any more. I'm behind a secure firewall, so no
issues for me.

> I personally think it's immoral to support these operating systems.
> People should be forced away from them for their own good (security

We have clients that run their Win98 systems in a class-room
environment where they have NO internet access. So security is no
issue to them either. And if the current system with the latest
service packs runs there systems perfect, why must they be forced to
upgrade. You clearly have NO CLUE has to how much time and effort and
HUGE cost that would be to them. Typical response from a hobby
programmer with no real clients. Please stop talking our of your
backside thank you.

  - Graeme -