[Lazarus] RE : Inno Setup no longer supports Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 13:39:19 CEST 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> What do we do with Lazarus though?
>> At least the 1.0 code base would presumably need Win9x support.
>>
>> We could e.g. branch it off and have a separate Win9x architecture
>> branch based on the (to be created) Win9x branch off FPC trunk in
>> time for 1.2? Or is there a much smarter solution?
>
> What about a "new" win9x LCL target. Just clone the win32 target and let it
> live its own life and stop dragging the win32 LCL down.

In effect, what's been done with GTK (v1). With the proviso that in both
cases there should be prominent warning of the preferred FPC version
that goes with Lazarus+LCL for that target: I put something together a
few months ago that I specifically wanted to work for as many widget
sets as possible and had to do quite a lot of fiddling before I settled
on 0.9.24.1+2.2.4.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk