[Lazarus] Please remove Arabic language from the release version

marcelo.bp marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br
Sat Aug 4 17:53:23 CEST 2012

Hi list,

It seems that another round to discuss the brazilian portuguese translations
took place!

I agree with you DoDi.

I had this problem when translating to portuguese. Commonly in English, a
word can represent a entire idea, and in most cases is impossible to explain
that idea in a portuguese word. So is quite common substitute a word for a
phrase. This is awful because all the time i had problems with the UI.

Just to remeber our collegues here that the brazilian portuguese
translations (pt_BR) is almost 100% complete.
The problem is that i just continued the job that others contributors did
before me.
I agree that improvement is need, and i always expected the contribution of
the brazilian community. So far, i never was contacted for any suggestions
or never heard about suggestions here in the mailing-list.

As always i say, suggestions are welcomed.

I just want to remeber that this jobs involve another parts of Lazarus than
just IDE itself. So LCL, IDEIntf, components, examples and tools have their
translations. Other thing, it´s not so easy to figure the context of a
translation. Usually you have a line of text that you don´t know exactly
were or when it will be displayed. So the lack of the context, usually led
to a poor translation.

The objective of a translation is to give people that are not familiar with
the English language to be acquainted with the IDE. Of course, if you are a
experienced programmer, as Maxim said, just turn the language switch to
english and you are done.
I don´t agree with mixed translation with english words. Just in a few
especific cases, where a translation will not benefit or cause IDE GUI to
look terrible that i maintain such words.

Anyway, the 1.0 is almost here. So lets do the best to it before the
official release :)

Marcelo B Paula