[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:39:54 CEST 2012

Am 07.08.2012 17:20, schrieb Jürgen Hestermann:
> I saw that quite a lot of keyboard shortcuts in Lazarus use Ctrl+Alt
> combos.
> On Windows this is not a good idea because (system wide) user shortcuts
> for programs on the desktop use Ctrl+Alt combos too so they conflict
> with each other.
> Is it realy necessary to use Ctrl+Alt combos?
> I think there should be enough Ctrl+Shift and Alt+Shift combos available
> for all functions.
> But maybe it's already too late to change this.

There's nothing stopping you from changing the keyboard layout.

Also Windows is not the only platform where there exists conflicts. E.g.
in some desktop environments the Ctrl+Fx keys are set to switching the
desktop while in Lazarus Ctrl+F2 is used for stopping an application run
and Ctrl+F9 for doing a compilation...

So in my personal opinion: leave the defaults as they are. We won't ever
please everyone fully... [also not everyone uses shortcut combos on Windows]

Regards,
Sven