[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:22:48 CEST 2012

Some more comments:

1. Pressing F1 in the form editor should open help for TForm or the
selected control (f.e. TButton)

2. The TOpenGLControl context sharing seems to still be broken under
Windows. This is really trivial to fix (and i do it every time i install
Lazarus in Windows). I submitted a bug report with patch in January:
http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21024

3. Right clicking on the Messages window and selecting "Help" on some
message (i've only tried with a note so far) crashes or causes the IDE
to hang.

4. I tried "Example projects" and it took *way* too much time to show
results (dual core laptop here). Also most examples seem to not mention
what they are about.

So far (beyond the above and what i mentioned in my previous email), it
seems to be a fine release. I like the new(?) help integration :-)

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos