[Lazarus] License iTextpdf

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Thu Aug 9 00:36:19 CEST 2012

El mié, 08-08-2012 a las 21:48 +0200, Michael Schneider escribió:

> Am Wednesday 08 August 2012 21:40:17 schrieb Santiago A.:
> > http://itextpdf.com/terms-of-use/index.php.
> hmmm seems plain GNU

>From this page:

Buying such a license is mandatory as soon as you develop commercial
activities distributing the iText software inside your product or
deploying it on a network without disclosing the source code of your own
applications under the AGPL license. These activities include: offering
paid services to customers as an ASP, serving PDFs on the fly in the
cloud or in a web application, shipping iText with a closed source
product.

In fact, I contacted with them via email and I was told that we needed
to buy a license if we were going to deploy the DLL with a product.
(That was too expensive for us to build a product that was just for a
single client).

> http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-license/

The list of third part materials includes iText, but in the their
description of the license of iText they says that is GPL, so perhaps
they are using a pre-2010 version. In such case you can include pdftk
for commercial use without buying a license.

Regards
Santiago A.