[Lazarus] Splitter autosnap

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Aug 12 18:09:44 CEST 2012

Keith Allpress <kaller at ihug.co.nz> hat am 12. August 2012 um 15:26 geschrieben:

>  I am not sure if this is a feature request or bug,  but when I put a splitter
> between two panels, the right hand side does not snap to margin when the
> splitter approaches the edge. (The Lazarus documentation is crazy wrong BTW.).

Where is the documentation wrong?

>  I found that if I make the left panel left aligned, or the right panel right
> aligned, you get the snap behavior, but it can’t be done on both sides
> together because one panel has to be alclient aligned. It seems crazy that a
> splitter cant be moved across its range. I don’t know what the Delphi behavior
> is but if Delphi doesn’t then it should. Any ideas please?

You can do all alLeft except the rightmost, which is alClient. This is the
Delphi way.

Or you can use Align alNone and use Anchors. This is much more flexible, but a
few more clicks to setup. Delphi does not have this.

See

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Working_with_TSplitter

Here is an example what is possible with splitters and Align:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Layouts_that_can_be_created_with_Align

Here is an example what is possible with splitters and Anchors:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Layouts_that_are_impossible_with_Align_and_Panels

Mattias