[Lazarus] OT Re: Please remove Arabic language from the release version

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Aug 13 11:05:46 CEST 2012

Am 2012-08-12 20:50, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
 > Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:
 >>> One could try to use the language that was planned as an international language: Esperanto ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto )
 >> Then why has this not been chosen by all (most) countries in the world to teach in school?
 >> Why is english the preferred language?
 >> I doubt that this is a global conspiracy.
 > It is, I think. Why do Americans speak English, and Brazilians Portuguese? Every invader superseded local language and culture by it's own, in former times, and nowadays only the sequence is reversed.

You are talking about historical things.
Of course, when a nation invades another this is logical.

But what I am talking about is today in times of internet
and globalisation. Everybody has arranged with English as
*the* international language. Nobody was forced to do so.
Just everybody seems to accept it.

And I like that I am now able to communicate with nearly
all people on the planet, at least on a low level (well, maybe
not everybody but with the largest number of people ever).