[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:10:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 15 August 2012 10:01, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Another aspect of this is that I have multiple machines where I use
> Lazarus/Free Pascal (at home and at work) and I often use the daily
> snapshots to reinstall Lazarus on them. Afterwards I often find that my
> settings are reset and I have to do the configuration over and over again.

I use multiple machines too, and I have multiple Lazarus versions on a
single machine. When testing "unstable" or "new" releases, use the
--pcp= parameter to specify the new config directory, thus it will not
override your "stable and working" lazarus setup.

Plus, to test the "upgrade your configs to newer versions" feature of
Lazarus, I copy my ~/.lazarus directory to something like
~/.lazarus-test, then use --pcp=/home/graeme/.lazarus-test in the test
version, thus I can safely test the config upgrade feature too, and my
original ~/.lazarus configs are still untouched.

  - Graeme -