[Lazarus] Lazarus shortcuts conflict with windows shortcuts

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Aug 15 14:57:38 CEST 2012

On 15/08/2012 13:37, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> *IF* the export exists, AND someone submits a patch, it would be
>> possible to do "lazarus.exe --keymap=xmlfile.xml"
> You mean it will then import/merge xmlfile.xml into the regular config
> (overwriting existing settings or creating them depending on situation)?

For colors the extra schemes are saved in the primary conf subfolder
"userschemes"
That XML contains the definition of added schemes.

The user conf refers to it, and the user conf can then have individual
changes based on it.

Similar for keymaps. There are already 3 schemes. So added schemes could
be installed. (including via commandline)

"lazarus.exe --keymap=xmlfile.xml"

would have to copy the scheme, and set it as default, (and optional clear existing user overwrites, which would otherwise be applied to the scheme)

> Yes, that might be very helpful. As I said in an earlier post, I'll have
> a look at what's available.
Their might be fixes needed. the keymaps afaik already have issues of
their own. But that applies to any solution.

> This import mechanism by itself need not be restricted to colors etc (a
> GUI would be)... as long as
> 1. you devise a schema that takes into account the Laz xml filenames
> (environmentoptions.xml, editoroptions.xml)=>fortunately that already
> seems to be have been done in the Laz xml files themselves
As I said added schemes go into userschemes
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UserSuppliedSchemeSettings

> 2. mappings to deal with old versions if wanted
That is the intend.

But eventually automated testcases would be needed....

> 3. some strategy on how to deal with child objects (e.g. overwrite those
> with same name?)

Explain? What would have the same name?

> you could perhaps just dump all the XML as is, e.g. this for a corporate
> install script:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <CONFIG>
>    <EnvironmentOptions>
>      <Language ID="de"/>
>    </EnvironmentOptions>
>    <EditorOptions>
>      <General>
>        <Editor TabWidth="2" TabIndent="True"/>
>      </General>
>    </EditorOptions>
> </CONFIG>
>
> Added benefit: people can define their keymappings like that as well ;)

You can already do some of it

Strip the editoroptions down to contain only the keymap settings.
Put it into the secondary conf path

It will be used as template. The keymaps apply, the rest is using defaults.
(Secondary conf only works for new installs, upgrades do not look at it,
as they already have primary conf)