[Lazarus] Merge setup dialog and options dialog?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 19 15:10:46 CEST 2012

On 19/08/2012 12:58, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> The setup dialog that appears when you start Lazarus with e.g. the
> compiler set to a non-existent file and the options dialog cover the
> same settings and overlap a lot.
>
> Maybe it's a good idea to think about merging them into one for future
> Lazarus versions:

The setup dialog, is meant to have only a very few settings. I do not
think we should display the full option dialog.
By showing only selected settings, it is much easier for the user to see
what needs to be fixed.

At the moment the only thing, that I think should still be added is the
language.

So I do thing, they will need to stay 2 individual forms.

---

Still maybe some code may be shared. If so it must be moved to a new
unit that can be used in both places.
The option does have error checking. But the setup error checking for
the paths may be more user friendly...

About the automatic search. I would not want the search for possible
locations be started each time I run the options (On my system - having
many installations - it takes 30 seconds)

---

So there are intentional differences, and they should be kept.