[Lazarus] Merge setup dialog and options dialog?

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sun Aug 19 15:28:44 CEST 2012

> The setup dialog, is meant to have only a very few settings. I do not
> think we should display the full option dialog.
> By showing only selected settings, it is much easier for the
> user to see
> what needs to be fixed.
>
> At the moment the only thing, that I think should still be
> added is the
> language.

For a new user lazarus is now showing a form that is definitely much easier
to understand than the full options window but he has no way to get back to
that easy form when he has second thoughts (an old compiler selected for
example). Perhaps merge the 2 forms into one options form with a basic and
an expert setting?

> About the automatic search. I would not want the search for possible
> locations be started each time I run the options (On my
> system - having
> many installations - it takes 30 seconds)

It could be run when in basic mode only. For those users it can be useful.

Ludo