[Lazarus] Merge setup dialog and options dialog?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 19 16:36:01 CEST 2012

On 19/08/2012 15:24, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> If the setup is kept as it. That does not mean that the options can not
>> be improved. They very much still should be improved.
>>
>> Only merging the setup into the options is not the way to go.
> Disagreed ;)

To clarify my point. I only speak about the visual/GUI design part.

If functionality from the setup (such as searching for alternative
locations (probably on user request only)) can be merged and used within
the current option dialog, then that is not an issue.
Same for improvements on the error detection.

---------
AS for the GUI design.
Just selecting examples, similar for other elements......

The setup brings options (like fpc and gdb path) closer together.
It does that by hiding all other related options.

In the option dialog, there are more settings, and the gdb path should
be with the other debug settings.

That makes it (to me) impossible to have a setup-like access to it.

If we tried to merge the setup to the option, I can not see how that
would work, without having the gdb path in 2 different locations. And I
can not see how that would help.