[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 2 available for download

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:04:01 CEST 2012

On 22-8-2012 13:56, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:02:06 +0200
> Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>> You even quoted where the answer to your question is mentioned:
>
> lol
:)

>> Thanks Sven, I knew that. As I said, I thought I saw some fixes come by
>> that were in 2.6.1.
>
> Yes, some fixes would be great to have in the release, but as you know
> 2.6.1 is a moving target. You would have to pick one svn
> revision and hope that you pick one that did not break something.
> That's too risky for a release.

Sure - though that tradeoff assessment depends on the seriousness of
bugs in the stable version versus quality of the fixes (i.e. are only
really necessary fixes applied, do they include test cases, are these
test cases run and evaluated etc)... but I won't get into that discussion :)

Or do a Lazarus-only lazfixes-FPC... for that delicious added management
burden ;) *)
Anyway, glad you got your laugh - and I got rid of some misconceptions
again ;)

*) For people that want to respond seriously to this: please don't.