[Lazarus] GTK2: Drag files to other applications (to the file manager, Thunar, Nautilus, etc)

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:36:36 CEST 2012

2012/8/22 Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

> You should familiarize with the basics first, before asking me to solve your
> selfmade problems.

This is getting ridiculous. I'm not asking you to solve my problems.

Instead while you are still trying to construct the most bizarre
scenarios that don't apply to LCL applications anyways I have already
solved my problem and posted the complete solution.

Actually I have posted the answer to my own question even long before
you came into this thread and started complaining about *MY* own
solution to *MY* own concrete problem that was clearly specified in
Post #1 and completely answered by myself in Post #2.

I made a component that does something and does it without needing any
changes or additions in the RTL or FCL or LCL or elsewhere. And I
posted the code.

I did not change any single line of code in the LCL, I am not even
part of the Lazarus team, so even if I messed up my entire local copy
of the LCL here on my harddrive with incompatible nonsense beyond
repair with the intention to destroy all your concepts about docking
and dragging and everything else it would not affect you nor anybody
else.

Its just my own little component and its only purpose is to call the
function  gtk_drag_source_set() and bind a few events and nothing
else. Why would I or anybody else who needs this ever want to dive
into the depths of the xorg api and XDND when he can simply get away
with calling this one little function that takes 3 simple arguments
and be done? Why?

If you don't like it then just write your own and use whatever API you
wish but don't expect me to wait for it, I needed a *working* solution
yesterday and I have solved my problem myself and it works perfectly.
And I even posted the complete source-code for you to complain about
it.