[Lazarus] GTK2: Drag files to other applications (to the file manager, Thunar, Nautilus, etc)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:15:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 23 August 2012 20:56, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Every window already has a Handle, no trickery is required here. What
> remains is processing the messages sent to this HWND, what can be called
> "black magic" only by marketing experts, not by coders which understand the
> GUI principles.

Funny that. It was a well known Qt developer that wrong that blog -
not some marketing guy.

> You too did not really understand DND basics :-(

I can see I am wasting my time. Please implement your own x-platform
DND, then we talk again.

> processing of mouse moves etc. in the window manager. You should understand
> that this handle is related to a window - a region on the screen - not to a
> widget.

Yes, and in fpGUI and Windows (native widgets) they (the widgets) are
just that - embedded windows (with window handles) in a parent window
(form). This is why Qt had to implement trickery... but I get it, you
simply don't understand. Lets move on.

  - Graeme -