[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 RC1 from svn, various platforms

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 13:12:17 CEST 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Apologies in advance: these are rather stream-of-consciousness and might
> be a couple of days out of date due to the slowness of some of my
> development systems. Generally based on 38257 with FPC 2.6.0.
>
> I've expressed various niggles with lhelp in another thread and won't
> mention anything that appears to be common to all platforms here.
>
> The SQL parsing bug at http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22463
> appears to NOT affect RC1+2.6.0, i.e. operation is OK.
>
> x86 Linux (Debian Squeeze) GTK2, Qt: build and subsequent operation OK.
> Context-sensitive help OK.
>
> SPARC Linux (Debian Etch) GTK2: build and subsequent operation OK except
> that there might still be a SPARC code-generation bug (20397) patched in
> trunk that I don't think has made its way back to 2.6.0. Invoking
> context-sensitive help (with cursor on Application as in
> Application.Initialize) results in an exception in both the LCL and
> lhelp, reported as bugs.
>
> PPC Linux (Debian Lenny): build fails if -CX in fpc.cfg (will try to get
> a bit more on this later). Operation OK except for context-sensitive
> help which raises an exception in the IDE similar to SPARC (but not in
> lhelp).
>
> Armel Linux (Debian Squeeze, guest on Qemu): build and subsequent
> operation OK, including context-sensitive help except that there may be
> an IDE exception "TApplication.HandleException : This operation is
> illegal when the server is inactive." the first time round, this is
> probably because the emulated CPU is unreasonably slow.
>
> SPARC Solaris 10: build of Lazarus+LCL OK, subsequent operation OK.
> Build of documentation was unreasonably slow (more than two days).
> Invoking context-sensitive help raises an exception in lhelp but not in
> the IDE.

I've only just picked up that building LCL documentation fails on
big-endian systems: SPARC Linux/Solaris and PPC Linux. It leaves a
zero-length .chm.

I don't yet have any useful exception info or error messages, and would
appreciate any suggestion of the best way to get these.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk