[Lazarus] Any FPC/Lazarus success stories on Nokia N9?

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Aug 25 15:34:58 CEST 2012

On Saturday 25 of August 2012 14:30:12 Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi FPC & Lazarus lists (crossposted),
>
> Just wondering if anybody has compiled FPC, Lazarus, or fpgui
> applications on Nokia's N9 smartphone.

I've successfully built bindings and qtlcl apps for n9 (I guess that Joost
also was succesfull). It works, but normal qtlcl app cannot change orientation
so it's always horizontal.
If you want to create really fancy n9 apps you need QtCreator (Nokia SDK).
Besides that, N9 is normal linux machine (eg. X11) with arm processor (no need
for QTOPIA defines in bindings like N900 needs).
P.S: There's guy on #lazarus-ide irc channel nick = trx.
He created complete api to work with nokia ui's,so you can create same app
like with QtCreator (under Lazarus) .... ask him for more details.

zeljko