[Lazarus] Policy regarding HTML messages

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 26 01:10:29 CEST 2012

On 25/08/2012 23:24, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> To the mailing list admin,
>
> What is the policy with regards to HTML messages in this mailing list?
> I find it very annoying when messages to mailing lists are in HTML -
> this seems to be the general consensus in most mailing lists. I was
> under the impression that only plain text message was allowed in this
> list too.
>
> Could you please clarify this.
>

> People that send multi-part HTML messages...just to list a few.

While I am not the admin, I did a quick search (aprox 17000 msg of the
last 18 month): about 2600 or 15% seem to include html.
Including mails  of many developers, Including some of mine.

IMHO that rule should be seen as an ancient relict (so long as mails are
at least mixed, and have a plain-text part too). Even mobile phones have
the power and cheap and fast enough connectivity to deal with html mail.