[Lazarus] LHelp doesn't scroll

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Aug 26 10:45:42 CEST 2012

Ajeandro Gonzalo wrote:
> Unlike in Delphi, If I click on a component in Lazarus 1.0 RC 2 and then tap F1, nothing happens.  The only way I can bring up help is to type the full component name (e.g. TDBGrid) in the editor and then tap F1.
>
> But then I still can't read it all because neither tapping the vertical scroll bar nor using the page up/down keys does anything.
>
> I'm using Win 7 64 bit.

Checking on Linux x86 (i.e. 32-bit): F1 on the TButton on the standard
tab does nothing, ditto for a TButton on a form.

F1 on a TButton in the upper pane of the Object Inspector brings up a
browser for online help, while F1 on one of its properties in the lower
pane brings up lhelp- this is an unfortunate inconsistency.

Scrollbar is OK in lhelp's right-hand pane, but cursor keys are
associated with the left-hand pane (i.e. even after a mouse click in the
help text, page up/down don't work as expected).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk