[Lazarus] Policy regarding HTML messages

Malcolm Poole malcolm at lingua-z.co.uk
Sun Aug 26 23:17:54 CEST 2012

On 26/08/12 00:29, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> * Even setting your email client (I use Mozilla Thunderbird) to prefer
> plain text in a multi-part message, the HTML part shows up as an
> attachment. A huge annoyance for me when I search for important message
> that had valid (read "real") attachments.

I have no argument with your other points, Graeme, but on my Thunderbird
setup (10.0.2 on Debian) the only attachments that appear are genuine
ones, suggesting that it can be set up to ignore HTML attachments - I've
no idea how, though, and I certainly can't recall setting it up that way.

Anyway, you will no doubt be aware that I was blissfully ignorant of the
number of HTML messages posted, although having now checked my settings
it appears that I was one of the guilty. This should no longer be the
case :)

Malcolm