[Lazarus] Components dcu?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 16:51:58 CEST 2012

On 28/08/12 15:23, Chavoux Luyt wrote:

> I remember reading a long time ago that Lazarus has to be rebuilt whenever
> a new component is added. I know that this is not necessary in Delphi.

As Mattias suggested, read the wiki page to fully understand the issue
(or non-issue).

Coming from a Delphi background (where developers can't rebuild the
IDE), it must sound like a daunting task, but it fact it is no different
to compiling your own projects. Lazarus IDE even includes a menu item in
the "Tools" menu to help facilitate the process. Once you have done it a
handful of times, it becomes a no-brainer. Plus it's not like you
install new components every day either.

Regards,
   - Graeme -