[Lazarus] Delphi post-XE3 roadmap

Leslie Kaye les.kaye at couchmansfarm.plus.com
Wed Aug 29 11:07:57 CEST 2012

On 28/08/2012 18:59, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 28/08/12 18:11, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
>>
>> "From XE3 onwards, your Delphi Professional EULA will prohibit you from
>>> using Delphi Professional for anything other than local data access."
>

> R.I.P Delphi!

I think that this has been the "intention" of the Professional Version
for many years else there would be no incentive to buy the Enterprise
and above versions would there??
Okay so you could access work group databases with the BDE but it was
always flaky with loads of data corruption. R.I.P. BDE

As Lazarus and Delphi become very much different products there is more
of a case for developers to use both - as I do.

Long live L and D!

regards
Les