[Lazarus] off topic [Re: New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Dec 4 14:53:32 CET 2012

On 04/12/2012 13:37, Junior wrote:

> To change one thing in Lazarus is a torture
Then I am officially a masochist.

Yes the learning curve is step, especially for features like that. I had
ho undergo that myself some years ago. But any project that size, takes
time and effort to learn.

> some time ago was requested to implement an option where (on Linux)
> the TForm stay over the Code Editor (as in Windows). Add an option for
> anyone who so desire. Even today, years have passed, and this option
> does not exist.
Again same with almost all projects. Even commercial ones. Sad but true.

In this case, I guess the people who can do it, are busy with other
things (bugs and features).

And the above is not really something an one wants to do, because it
would only be temporary. Evetually designer forms must be able to dock.
And then any code for the above will be thrown away. No one wants to
write code, that will be thrown away