[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Benito van der Zander benito at benibela.de
Tue Dec 4 19:31:24 CET 2012

> Not everyone is comfortable with the so-called docked interface.

usually I prefer non-docked, but the non-docked Lazarus interface
completely sucks (at least on xfce):

- all Lazarus windows have the same icon, so you cannot jump fast with
alt+tab to them
- => it takes forever to find the message window
- pressing ctrl+f8 to get to the next error message, focuses the message
window and you cannot type anymore
- sometime focusing one Lazarus window, brings all Lazarus window to the
front
- if you switch the desktop during the Lazarus startup, half the windows
end up on the wrong one
- more I cannot remember right now

Benito