[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:30:54 CET 2012

Am 04.12.2012 06:59, schrieb Felipe Ferreira da Silva:
> I would like to propose and discuss about a new graphical user interface
> for the next major releases. Nowadays, most of the RAD tools use a
> docked interface(MonoDevelop, Delphi, VS), and in some cases they are
> stylish(like the recent Visual Studio versions). I think that a
> better-looking IDE would not just make the programming task more
> pleasant, but also could attract more people to Pascal.

May I recommend a third solution than fully docked/undocked? MSEide has
a menu item 'View'-'Panels'-'New Panel' which creates a new empty dock
container where tool windows and other panels can be placed. So one can
create groups of windows which can be layered or tabbed, please see the
screenshots on Sourceforge.

Martin