[Lazarus] toolbar and toolbutton issues

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 16:48:43 CET 2012

On 2012-12-05 15:31, zeljko wrote:

> Yes, I've forgot to say that you must know image sizes before importing into
> the image list :) That's bit annoying, also "stretched" property would be nice
> to have in TImageList, so if image is bigger than w & h it could be stretched
> to fit into.

Maybe original image locations could be stored as well, so a "reload" or
"refresh" could be done. Thus saving a lot of time, and all existing
components relying on the a image index number will continue to work.

Example use case:
Image having a ImageList in a DataModule (a logical thing to do), and
your 100+ form applications relies on those 50+ images in the ImageList.
You accidentally change the Width or Height. Now your whole application
lost the image index values, if you don't re-add those 50+ images in the
exact order they were before.

Definitely not a well thought out design - or at least lots of scope for
improvement. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/