[Lazarus] toolbar and toolbutton issues

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:05:15 CET 2012

On Wednesday 05 December 2012 20:39:55 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> MSEgui is infinitely more complicated to use in general, yet I figured
> out how to setup a toolbar faster in MSEide & MSEgui, than I did in
> Lazarus with LCL. No offence meant to the Martin (MSEgui developer), but
> that should say something to the LCL developers.

BTW, Graeme: If you search for toolbar inspirations, in MSEgui there is
ttoolbar for equally sized buttons without captions, tmainmenuwidget for
buttons with captions and tdockpanel in tdockpanel.dragdock.options od_nofit
and banded mode in order to to place runtime sizeable and moveable widgets of
arbitrary class. Please note that tdockpanel adjusts child widget positions
and sizes at runtime only. Also not very intuitive but a necessary flaw. ;-)
Press Shift while clicking on the sizing grips in order to move the widgets at
runtime.

Martin